Monday, October 1, 2012

Ho Chi Minh City to Danang

A 5am wake up call was a very early start to the day. Our flight left Ho Chi Minh at 830am and we spent an hour in the air before landing at Danang Airport.

We boarded our bus and went for a look at China Beach on the way to Hoi An.






We also stopped at Marble Mountain and climbed to the top to look at the temples. They were quite spectacular. There were also a number of temples inside the caves. There were a number of Asian tourists that were fascinated with me and asked to have their photo taken with me. My good looks and charm? My greying hair (or I should just say grey hair)? Or perhaps my body shape appearing to be similar to Buddha? I'm not sure which one - you decide!!!





















As we started to climb back down the mountain, the rain came. We waited for a while, then continued down in the wet.

We had an enjoyable lunch at the Goda Bar and Restaurant.






We stopped in Hoi An before checking into our hotel. A number of people were measured up to have some suits tailor made and I found myself a pair of sunglasses. Some even had prescription spectacles made. All to be ready tomorrow.

We headed into Hoi An for dinner. It was crazy in there. If only we knew the Moon Festival was on!!!! I would have taken my camera with me :-( I thought with the walk, the umbrella and the possibility of rain I would leave my camera in the room. Biggest mistake ever. I guess the iPhone photos will have to do :-(









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Hoi An, Vietnam

No comments:

Post a Comment