Sunday, September 19, 2010

Up, up and away

The day has finally arrived. We headed out to Tullamarine this morning with barely a car on the road. You have to love the Monash Freeway, as we approached Toorak Road the freeway was closed. Our detour did not add much time to the journey as the traffic was extremely light. The long term car park was busy as the school holidays have started and the were people to direct us to spaces that were available. My life flashed before my eyes as did the moron in the four wheel drive who didn't bother to give way and was moving substantially faster than the 10 kph speed limit! The buses were busy and the first one to arrive was full and drove past our station and we patiently waited the 6 minutes for the next one. If only people would put their luggage on the storage racks it would be more comfortable for the rest of the passengers. The driver was a bit grumpy as we filled his bus. Thankfully no one was using Tiger Airways so we went to the International Terminal directly.

Customs was a bit slow as there were many flights departing. I was delayed even further as I had to undertake a random explosive test. The sniffer machine checked my bag and my clothing, then the security officer undertook a 'pat down'. Luckily for me there was no cavity search!




The queue at the Tourist Refund Scheme was long as well. Belinda and Pete went off to find a coffee as I waited patiently. I got my GST refund on my awesome iPad which I am using right now. I pity the poor man behind me as he was refused a refund as his flight was due to depart and all claims must be made at least 30 minutes before departure. I left as he continued to argue with the Customs Officer.

As we approached Gate 16 we saw the enormous A380 Airbus that was to take us to Singapore.




There were three gates open allowing access to both decks of the plane. We were on the main deck and I must say it was a pleasure boarding the plane and not having to walk through First Class and Business Class being envious of the ample space and luxurious seating in these areas. Row 52 was our home for the next 7 hours. Te Entertainment System was pretty cool. A good sized 10 inch screen with a huge range of movies and TV shows to choose from on demand. I think Knight and Day with Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise is in order. Possibly The Last Airbender as well.












The size of the A380 is huge and massive and it hit the ground with a thud in Singapore. I must say the look on Belinda's face was amusing and the noise was quite loud. We now have 4 hours here before we depart for Male in the Maldives. Time for some food and drink.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:T2 Basement Dr,Singapore,Singapore

1 comment:

  1. I am not jealous
    I AM NOT JEALOUS
    I AM NOT JEALOUS

    -didn't work
    Merilyn

    ReplyDelete